The Morel Elate Carbon MM3 is a true masterpiece. The dedicated 3.5 inch midrange combines a large 2.1-inch voice coil and Morel’s EVC motor design which encapsulates a highly efficient neodymium magnet system, and the newly developed triple layer carbon fiber/Rohacell cone.
With exceptional power handling and low fs, the MM3 is capable of playing lower in frequency than other midrange of its size, while striking the right balance of acoustic and mechanical attributes to offer a very flat frequency response, beautifully smooth midrange and tonal balance.
Carbon Fiber Cone
Derived from the drivers of our award-winning fat lady speaker system, this cone design is comprised of two exterior carbon fiber skins sandwiching a layer of Rohacell, a high strength, featherweight foam. The combination forms a cone that is light, strong and properly damped for naturally uncolored audio reproduction.
Inspired by the Lotus flower, engineered to offer an acoustic transparent solution to protect the loudspeakers whilst offering a beautiful design element. The specific pattern minimizes the “horn” effect found in traditional grilles.
The Lotus grille is a registered design protecting Morel’s intellectual property.
The most powerful magnet available, neodymium enables Morel to create physically compact speakers, such as tweeters and midrange, that fit in very limited spaces without limiting the quality of sound.
- Nominal Impedance (Ohm): 4
- Power Handling Wrms: 120
- Max Transient Power Handling Wrms: 400
- Sensitivity (2.83 V/1M) dB: 87
- Frequency Response: 90 - 6000
- Resonant Frequency Fs Hz: 88
- Voice Coil Diameter mm (inch): 54 (2.125)
- Voice Coil Height mm (inch): 10 (0.4)
- Voice Coil Type/Former: Aluminium
- Voil Coil Wire: Hexatech Aluminium
- DC Resistance (ohm): 3
- Magnet System: Neodymium
- Cone Type: Triple Layer Cone (TLC)
- Cone Material: Carbon Fibre Composite
- Unit Diameter mm (inch): 100 (3.90)
- Net Weight Kg (lb): 0.38 (0.84)