The Morel Hybrid CDM700 Mid-Range is a very shallow 2.1” soft dome midrange incorporating a 2.1” extremely low mass aluminium Hexatech voice coil allows for very efficient cooling of the coil.
The Neo magnet motor system, encapsulating the voice coil structure, forms a very large venting pole with a Morel’s C.A.R filter to create a very effective damped rear chamber. This typology produces very low resonance frequency, low distortion and high power handling.
The More Hybrid CDM 700 acoustic attributes and mechanical design can be easily installed in various locations in the car.
Controlled Acoustic Resistance – The C.A.R. Filter™ improves the acoustic loading by controlling airflow within the driver, mimicking the effects of a cabinet while improving power handling by 30%. This provides greater control over the cone movement for improved bass dynamics.
Hexatech Aluminium Voice Coil
Made from 100% aluminium wire shaped like a honeycomb, the Hexatech™ voice coil reduces air gaps in the coil windings, thereby increasing efficiency by up to 20%. Being lightweight, Hexatech™ voice coils are largely responsible for the extraordinary fast transient response Morel drive units are known for.
The most powerful magnet available, neodymium enables Morel to create physically compact speakers, such as tweeters and midrange, that fit in very limited spaces without limiting the quality of sound.
- Nominal Impedance (Ohm): 8
- Power Handling Wrms: 100
- Max Transient Power Handling Wrms: 300
- Sensitivity (2.83 V/1M) dB: 90
- Frequency Response: 600 - 6000
- Resonant Frequency Fs Hz: 480
- Voice Coil Diameter mm (inch): 54 (2.125)
- Voice Coil Type/Former: Aluminium
- Voice Coil Wire: Hexatech Aluminium
- DC Resistance (ohm): 3.5
- Magnet System: Neodymium Rear Vented
- Dome Type: Coated Soft Dome
- Dome Material: Silk
- Unit Diameter mm (inch): 88.00 (3.50)
- Net Weight Kg (lb): 0.25 (0.55)