The new generation of Morel Hybrid MT300 tweeter offers unrivaled high-frequency performance in a compact design with incredible high power handling capabilities at very low distortion levels.
The Morel MT300's design uses Morel’s signature Acuflex hand-coated coated 28mm soft dome, Hexatech aluminium voice coil, and dual neodymium motor technologies. While its size allows it to be fit in most factory locations, surface and flush mount options with a beautiful lotus grille provide an elegant look fitting for modern vehicles.
Handcrafted Acuflex Soft Dome
A specially engineered damping compound hand-applied to the soft domes, adding rigidity and damping, which greatly improves the clarity and bandwidth of the tweeter/mid-range. The Acuflex™ diaphragm exhibits controlled cancelling break up (accurate–flexing), meaning each break-up mode is counteracted by another in the opposite direction, enabling smooth frequency response.
Hexatech Aluminium Voice Coil
Made from 100% aluminum wire shaped like a honeycomb, the Hexatech™ voice coil reduces air gaps in the coil windings, thereby increasing efficiency by up to 20%. Being lightweight, Hexatech™ voice coils are largely responsible for the extraordinary fast transient response Morel drive units are known for.
The most powerful magnet available, neodymium enables Morel to create physically compact speakers, such as tweeters and midrange, that fit in very limited spaces without limiting the quality of sound.
- Nominal Impedance (Ohm): 6
- Power Handling Wrms: 130
- Max Transient Power Handling Wrms: 350
- Sensitivity (2.83 V/1M) dB: 93
- Frequency Response: 1600 - 25000
- Resonant Frequency Fs Hz: 1200
- Voice Coil Diameter mm (inch): 28 (1.125)
- Voice Coil Type/Former: Aluminium
- Voice Coil Wire: Hexatech Aluminium
- DC Resistance (ohm): 5.2
- Magnet System: Double Magnet Neodymium
- Dome Type: Acuflex Hand Coated Soft Dome
- Dome Material: Silk
- Unit Diameter mm (inch): 43.00 (1.69)
- Net Weight Kg (lb): 0.067 (0.134)