The Morel Virtus Nano 62 2-Way Component Set will transform your drive to a multi-sensory musical experience. Its design represents the essence of Morel's innovative quest to push acoustic and mechanical boundaries and offer practical solutions to car audio enthusiasts.
Morel’s cutting-edge design gives the Virtus Nano Carbon systems an ultra-slim profile to fit where other speakers cannot. The 6.5 inch woofers measure only 0.7 inches (17mm) deep, making them the shallowest speakers in-car audio. It’s an engineering feat that uses an innovative suspension design, a highly powerful Neo magnet system, a 2.1” Hexatech aluminium voice coil, and a grand dome carbon fiber sandwich cone.
While the Virtus Nano Carbon may be shallow, it doesn’t trade off performance. The dynamic range and rich bass will get you engaged in your music while the detailed and natural sound will make you “see” the music.
Controlled Acoustic Resistance – The C.A.R. Filter™ improves the acoustic loading by controlling airflow within the driver, mimicking the effects of a cabinet while improving power handling by 30%. This provides greater control over the cone movement for improved bass dynamics.
Morel speakers with EVC™ technology utilise voice coils that are up to three times larger than those used in conventional loudspeakers, enabling improved heat dissipation, power handling and linearity. The EVC™ design moves the magnetic motor system to within the voice coil, eliminating stray magnetic flux by effectively directing all the magnetic energy to the voice coil. The EVC architecture is over 90% more efficient than conventional design, magnetically shielded, and highly compact.
Grand Dome Geometry
Grand Dome Geometry membrane technology is a stiff, convex cone design that provides excellent off-axis performance enabling multiple speaker mount locations in the car. The well-damped, stiff cone design allows the speaker to produce excellent mid-bass frequencies.
Handcrafted Acuflex Soft Dome
A specially engineered damping compound hand-applied to the soft domes, adding rigidity and damping, which greatly improves the clarity and bandwidth of the tweeter/mid-range. The Acuflex™ diaphragm exhibits controlled cancelling break up (accurate–flexing), meaning each break-up mode is counteracted by another in the opposite direction, enabling smooth frequency response.
The most powerful magnet available, neodymium enables Morel to create physically compact speakers, such as tweeters and midrange, that fit in very limited spaces without limiting the quality of sound.
Virtus Nano MT120N Tweeters
- Nominal Impedance (Ohm): 8
- Power Handling Wrms: 80
- Max Transient Power Handling Wrms: 250
- Sensitivity (2.83 V/1M) dB: 90
- Frequency Respsonse: 1800 - 22000
- Resonant Frequency Fs Hz: 1200
- Voice Coil Diameter mm (inch): 28 (1.125)
- Voice Coil Former: Aluminium
- Voice Coil Wire: Copper
- DC Resistance (ohm): 5.2
- Magnet System: Neodymium
- Dome Type: Acuflex Hand Coated Soft Dome
- Dome Material: Silk
- Unit Diameter mm (inch): 88.00 (3.50)
- Net Weight Kg (lb): 0.25 (0.55)
Virtus Nano MW6 Woofers
- Nominal Impedance (Ohm): 4
- Power Handling Wrms: 100
- Max Transient Power Handling Wrms: 300
- Sensitivity (2.83 V/1M) dB: 88
- Frequency Response: 50 - 5500
- Resonant Frequency Fs Hz: 95
- Voice Coil Diameter mm (inch): 54 (2.16)
- Voice Coil Height mm (inch): 9.5 (0.4)
- Voice Coil Type/Former: Aluminium
- Voice Coil Wire: Hexatech Aluminium
- DC Resistance (ohm): 3
- Magnet System: Neodymium Vented
- Cone Type: Carbon Cone
- Cone Material: Carbon + Foam Core
- Unit Diameter mm (inch): 137 (5.48)
- Net Weight Kg: 0.450
- Crossover Point: 2200Hz / 12dB / 6dB
- Crossover Controls: Tweeter +/- 2dB