Since 1953, Ortofon has been designing tonearms with the philosophy of combining craftsmanship and technology.
All parts and every component of the Ortofon AS-309R Tonearm has been upgraded with material meticulously chosen to minimise unwanted vibration and distortion, ensuring crisp clear, and accurate sound. Careful attention to precision and durability of every part and assembly in both models ensures lasting durability for years to come.
The AS-309R is a 12 inch tonearm.
Precision Engineering and Hand Assembly
With over 130 redesigned components, the Reference tonearms are crafted with unparalleled mechanical precision and advanced engineering. Ortofon's skilled artisans meticulously hand assemble, adjust, and review every component of each tonearm, ensuring unmatched quality and performance.
This meticulous artisanship optimises every aspect of the tonearm, capturing the subtle nuances of your music like never before.
The Reference Tonearm is a highly versatile accessory designed to cater to the needs of many turntable owners. It is available in two lengths, 9 and 12 inches, and can be adjusted in height to fit a wide range of turntable models. The tonearm is a great option for vinyl lovers who wish to change between different setups. It is equipped with a universal connector made of brass, making it easy to match and connect with cartridges mounted on different headshells, offering maximum flexibility and compatibility with your existing setup.
Moreover, each tonearm comes with the premium Ortofon 6NX-TSW-1010 Tonearm cable and includes two counterweight options, allowing it to fit a wide range of cartridges from the Ortofon Concorde Series to the SPU Series, including all cartridges mounted on a suitable headshell, providing adaptability and versatility to meet your specific needs.
- Cartridge Weight: 18 to 26 g./26 to 38 g. (standard weight, including headshell/heavy weight, including headshell)
- Mounting Distance: 311 mm
- Effective Length: 323.5mm
- Overhang: 12.5mm
- Offset Angle: 16.75
- Arm Shaft Diameter: 18 mm
- Recommended arm shaft Hole Diameter: 22mm
- Tonearm Weight: 680g/730 g. standard weight/heavy weight
- Height above mounting surface: 59 – 79 mm (up to top of the tonearm)
- Counterweight radial clearance: 85 mm for standard weight; 83 mm for heavy weight (measured from pivot point)
- Distance from the mounting surface to the top of the platter: 20 – 48 mm.
- Effective arm mass: 11 g.