The Ortofon Cadenza Black Moving Coil Cartridge is optimised for amazing tonal neutrality, dynamics and purity of sound.
The Cadenza Black model uses a Nude Shibata stylus with a boron cantilever. The effective mass of the stylus/cantilever system is extremely low due to the use of a very thin boron rod. This material is extremely stiff and even more lightweight than aluminium.
It also uses the WRD/Wide Range Damping-system applied for MC Windfeld, MC A90, MC Anna, Xpression and MC A95 cartridges, controlling the high and low frequency damping separately.
The coil wire is the famous Ortofon Aucurum wire, which is a gold plated 6NX copper wire.
The Cadenza Black is high performing on areas like detail, consistency and sound staging.
Each of the five Cadenza Series cartridges has its own individual sonic expression, and all five models together represent the ensemble of five classic variations:
- MC Cadenza Mono is a true mono cartridge for playing mono microgroove vinyl records
- MC Cadenza Red delivers open, dynamic sound with a touch of warmth
- MC Cadenza Blue adds more dynamics and resolution, sounds more open and reproduces more details
- MC Cadenza Bronze adds even more details and resolution but in a very evenhanded way that pays respect to all elements
- MC Cadenza Black is the best of everything, true to the groove with resolution and accurate insight into each recording
The Story about Cadenza
Cadenza (from Italian: meaning cadence) refers to a portion of a concert in which the orchestra stops playing, leaving the soloist to play alone in free time, without a strict, regular pulse. A cadenza can be written or improvised. It’s usually the most elaborate and virtuosic part the solo instrument plays during the whole piece. At the end of the cadenza, the orchestra re-enters, and generally finishes off the movement.
During the 19th century, composers began to write cadenzas out in full. Others wrote cadenzas for works, where the composer had intended for the solo to be improvised, in order for the soloist to have a well formed solo that they could practice in advance. Some of these have become so widely played and sung that they are effectively a part of the standard repertoire.
Included in the Package:
MC Cadenza Black accessories Included
- 1 x Stylus Brush, Fibre
- 1 x Screwdriver
- Leadwires, Pair LW-6N
- Screws, Pair M2.5 x 3
- Screws, Pair M2.5 x 5
- Screws, Pair M2.5 x 6
- Output Voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec: 0.33 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz: < 0.8 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz: > 27 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz: > 20 dB
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz +/- 1.5 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 90 µm
- Compliance, Dynamic, Lateral: 16 µm/mN
- Stylus Type: Nude Shibata on Boron cantilever
- Stylus Tip Radius: r/R 6/50 µm
- Tracking Force Range: 2.1-2.5 g (21-25 mN)
- Tracking Force, Recommended: 2.3 g (23 mN)
- Tracking Angle: 20°
- Internal Impedance, DC Resistance: 5 Ohm
- Recommended Load Resistance: > 10 Ohm
- Cartridge Body Material: Stainless Steel Aluminium
- Cartridge Colour, Body/Stylus: Black/Black
- Cartridge Weight: 10.7 g