The Ortofon Cadenza Mono Moving Coil Cartridge is made with a Nude Fine Line stylus and a cylindrical aluminium cantilever. The stylus radius is r/R 8/40 µm.
The coils are made from 6NX (99.9999 %) pure silver wire. An improved winding process on the armature allows a better channel balance. For easy use the pins are connected so you get the same signal from both pairs of connecting pins.
Sharing internal build with the Cadenza Red and with optimized adjustments for mono playback the sound is relaxed, homogeneous and moderate.
Each of the five Cadenza Series cartridges has its own individual sonic expression, and all five models together represent the ensemble of five classic variations:
- MC Cadenza Mono is a true mono cartridge for playing mono microgroove vinyl records
- MC Cadenza Red delivers open, dynamic sound with a touch of warmth
- MC Cadenza Blue adds more dynamics and resolution, sounds more open and reproduces more details
- MC Cadenza Bronze adds even more details and resolution but in a very evenhanded way that pays respect to all elements
- MC Cadenza Black is the best of everything, true to the groove with resolution and accurate insight into each recording
The Story about Cadenza
Cadenza (from Italian: meaning cadence) refers to a portion of a concert in which the orchestra stops playing, leaving the soloist to play alone in free time, without a strict, regular pulse. A cadenza can be written or improvised. It’s usually the most elaborate and virtuosic part the solo instrument plays during the whole piece. At the end of the cadenza, the orchestra re-enters, and generally finishes off the movement.
During the 19th century, composers began to write cadenzas out in full. Others wrote cadenzas for works, where the composer had intended for the solo to be improvised, in order for the soloist to have a well formed solo that they could practice in advance. Some of these have become so widely played and sung that they are effectively a part of the standard repertoire.
Included in the Package:
MC Cadenza Mono Accessories Included
- 1 x Stylus Brush, Fibre
- 1 x Screwdriver
- Leadwires, Pair LW-6N
- Screws, Pair M2.5 x 3
- Screws, Pair M2.5 x 5
- Screws, Pair M2.5 x 6
- Output Voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec: 0.45 mV
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz +3 / - 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 70 µm
- Compliance, Dynamic, Lateral: 12 µm/mN
- Stylus Type: Nude Fine Line on Conical Alu Cantilever
- Stylus Tip Radius: r/R 8/40 µm
- Tracking Force Range: 2.2-2.7 g (22-27 mN)
- Tracking Force, Recommended: 2.5 g (25 mN)
- Tracking Angle: 20°
- Internal Impedance, DC Resistance: 5 Ohm
- Recommended Load Resistance: > 50 - 500 Ohm
- Cartridge Body Material: Stainless Steel / Aluminium
- Cartridge Colour, Body/Stylus: Natural/Black
- Cartridge Weight: 10.7 g