The Pro-Ject CD Box RS2 T is the latest development in the line of ultimate top-loading CD transports, built around the StreamUnlimited CD mechanism CD–Pro 8 and servo system CD-84. The CD Box RS2 T takes playing standard Red Book Audio CDs to perfection.
The CD Pro-8 has the servo system directly integrated in its aluminium body. The entire body is suspended on a proprietary anti-vibration system, which allows control of the level of outside vibrations reaching the insides of the device. The CD mechanism is stabilized and secured, unaffected by external influences.
Vibration dampers are mounted on the very rigid carbon fiber chassis, which further contributes to isolating the CD loader from the outside. Additionally, the whole chassis is firmly connected to the body of the CD Box RS2 T itself. Such a construction brings excellent rigidity to the whole system and at the same time splendid isolation against the whole vibrational spectrum. The CD mechanism has an improved clamp made of a new aluminium alloy. It is perfectly balanced and assures perfect contact between the disc and the drive, achieving smooth rotation and perfect disc reading.
Being a transport-only device, the optical and coaxial S/PDIF outputs allow connecting your favorite high-end DAC. The AES/EBU digital output over XLR goes one step beyond the quality of optical or coaxial signals and at the ultimate top, the CD Box RS2 T offers an I²S + Masterclock output over HDMI. This standard offers the perfect digital interconnect and is the ideal solution to bypass the limitations that inherently come with other forms of digital audio connections. This makes it the perfect companion to the Pro-Ject Pre Box RS2, fully benefitting of this digital transfer standard. The output options ensure, that all the care and attention that has gone into the design of the CD drive is not put to waste.
Foregoing any built in converter and preamp electronics, ensures that those parts do not interfere with the perfect CD reading capabilities and enable the use of high-end DACs.
Pro-Ject are the first to use the new high-tech CD-Pro 8 drive with the Blue Tiger CD-84 servo board. The drive, chassis, suspension and servo board are new designs and offer unprecedented CD performance at this price point.
The massive chassis will never go out of alignment or deform under high temperatures. The cogwheels for the sledge run on precision steel axles. The chassis is milled to the highest accuracy from a solid block of aluminium and each turntable is lathed from steel and chrome plated. This is critical for transportation and ensures it will last a lifetime.
The suspension system consists of a rigid carbon fiber plate, carbon fiber tubes, springs, silicon dampers and screws. The suspension, cover and turntable platter are made of 100% real carbon fibre.
The CD Box RS2 T features sophisticated, super precise and new levels of mechanical qualities to read out a bit-perfect data stream.
The robust chassis and electronics around this drive, carry the perfect signal jitter-free to its high variety of outputs.
- Toploading CD drive
- Magnetic clamp
- Plays CD Audio, CD-R, CD-RW, Hybrid SACD
- CD-Pro 8 top loading module with suspension system and Blue Tiger CD-84 servo board
- I²S + Masterclock via HDMI connector
- LCD screen displays time, tracks, text (if available)
- Gravity design with central mass point
- Aluminium IR remote included
- Available in a silver or black high-quality aluminium chassis
- Supports: CD, CD-R, CD-RW (finalized) and Hybrid-SACD
- Digital outputs: AES3 1 x balanced (AES/EBU) on XLR connector, S/PDIF 1 x optical (TOSlink®) 1 x coaxial (RCA socket)
- I2S + Master Clock: 1 x HDMI connector
- Outboard power supply: 20V/3000mA DC; 100 - 240V, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: 600mA DC, < 0,5W in standby
- Replacement battery remote control: 1 x CR2032 / 3V or 1 x CR2025 / 3V
- Dimensions W x H x D (D with sockets): 206 x 78 x 200 (210)mm
- Weight: 3000g without power supply