Everyone has records in their collection that have been damaged over time and are now really quite noisy. Add on top of that, that it may be unavailable to buy new anymore.
Many tracks are also not uploaded to streaming platforms, so the only way to listen to them is via your old vinyl records. Of course, the slight noise and clicks are part of the vinyl experience, but at some point, it's not fun to listen to and your favourite record might just be retired to the shelf.
This is a product that can bring those records back to your turntable and it's called the Vinyl NRS Box S3.
How does it work?
Connect the output of your phono preamplifier to the Vinyl NRS Box S3. First, the line signal gets digitised with a bit depth of 24-bits and a sampling rate of 96 kHz. If the input is too loud, the overflow LED will show it to you. You can then activate the -6 dB switch and the gain is fine now. The real magic happens in the digital domain.
The signal gets filtered to not interfere with the processing itself. High frequency components are used as a marker for crackles. The dedicated algorithm can now detect these peaks. You can easily adjust the sensitivity with the potentiometer on the front.
The LED gives you instant feedback on the process. Crackling parts can be reduced by up to 8 dB which is a big improvement for the listening experience. If you don‘t want to use the De-Crackling function, just turn the potentiometer completely to the left and the algorithm is in bypass.
Vinyl Noise Reduction System (VNRS)
The signal is first separated into two frequency bands and then fed into two expanders, which increase the signal-to-noise ratio. There are no noise modulations audible using this technique. Noise is able to be reduced by up to 8 dB.
Features - Vinyl NRS Box
- NEW De-Crackling function to reduce clicks
- NEW noise reduction for vinyl records
- NEW reduces noise of the turntable drive
- Processing based on DSP with 24 bits
- 96 kHz sampling rate for precise processing
- Galvanic pure bypass if switched OFF
- Ideal transfer characteristics and linearity
- De-Crackling with adjustable sensitivity
- Line-level operation
- Compact design in standard S3-line case
- Full aluminium housing
- Available in silver or black
- Internal Sampling: 96 kHz/24 bits
- Internal Processing: 56-bit accumulator, double precision
- Frequency Response 20Hz to 20 kHz: -0.6 dB / +0.1dB
- Frequency Response 30Hz to 20 kHz: -0.2 dB / +0.1dB
- Clip Indication: -0.6 dB below real clipping
- Bypass Mode: Galvanic Linked Together (Rlink <0.3 ohm)
- THD: <0.009% (500 mVrms Input Level)
- VNRS Noise/Rumble Reduce: up to 8dB (20Hz to 20 kHz)
- De-Click Reduce (basic): 8 dB (3kHz to 20 kHz)
- De-Click Reduce (intensity): 12 dB (2kHz to 20 kHz)
- Outboard Power Supply: 18V/500mA DC, suitable for your country's mains supply
- Power Consumption in Standby: 0W OFF/Standby, 2.2W ON (without outboard power supply)
- Dimensions: WxHxD (D with sockets): 103 x 37 x 104 (119) mm
- Weight: 340 g without power supply