The Wharfedale Diamond Active A1 - Wireless Active Standmount Speakers deliver wireless connectivity with a difference. Whilst not the first stereo speakers to offer integrated amplification and Bluetooth connectivity with compatible devices including smartphones, tablets and computers, our clever ‘true wireless’ technology ensures greater flexibility than many such designs.
This, combined with award-winning sonic know-how, delivers levels of convenience and performance that separate the Diamond Active Series from the rest of the wireless speaker crowd.
Individually Amplifed Apeakers, for a truly powerful system.
Although convenience was a key goal of Wharfedale engineers, by no means has any technology been watered-down as a result. Within each loudspeaker is a high powered 50W class D amplifer. The ability to drive each speaker individually guarantees the highest power possible, with astounding detail and accuracy. it’s performance will blow you away.
Inferior active systems often contain the inputs, controls and amplifcation housed within one speaker, leaving a trailing wire connecting to another passive speaker. Not only does this create unwanted cabling, this also results in compromised power, with inconsistencies in-between left and right channels.
The amplifer units within each Diamond Active speaker are combined with an intelligent DSP unit and crossover system ensuring the amplifer and drivers are working in perfect harmony. Optimised frequencies are distributed in-between the tweeter and woofer, while the DSP adds speaker protection and a fine-tuned EQ subject to CAD analysis and hours of listening tests by experienced Wharfedale engineers.
- Digital Input: 1 x Coaxial, 1 x Toslink Optical
- Analog Input: RCA x 2
- Bluetooth Input: aptX (Priority), SBC
- Input sensitivity: 350mV
- Signal frequencies: 5.2/5.8GHz wireless uncompressed
- Sampling rate for digital inputs: Up to 24bit / 96kHz
- Wireless reception distance: 20m
- Enclosure type: bass reflex
- Transducer complement: 2-way
- Drivers: 130mm Woven Kevlar Woofer / 25mm Soft Dome Tweeter
- System Power Output: 100W
- Frequency response (+/-3dB): 55Hz – 20KHz
- Bass extension (-6dB): 50Hz
- Crossover frequency: 2.3kHz
- Cabinet Volume: 7.6L
- Height (on feet): (315+6)mm
- Width: 186mm
- Depth: (220+10)mm
- Net Weight: 5.5Kg
- Hub Height: 28.8mm
- Hub Width: 150mm
- Hub Depth: 156mm
- Hub Net Weight: 0.46kg