The Wharfedale DS-2 Active Bluetooth Speakers are a pair of proper two-way hi-fi speakers shrunk to desktop size, standing just 190mm high, 120mm wide and 140mm deep.
The mid/bass driver’s cone is fashioned from woven polypropylene, chosen for its ideal combination of lightness, strength and low coloration. Both drive units are protected by specially designed metal grilles, while a rear-firing port augments low-frequency performance to provide bass that’s surprisingly deep and punchy for the speakers’ size.
Inside the master speaker nestles new-generation, high-performance digital amplification outputting 2x15W continuous and 2x30W peak. This drives the treble and mid/bass units via a high-quality crossover network containing select audio-grade.
Bluetooth provides simple wireless pairing with smartphones, tablets, PCs and Macs, complete with support for the sonically superior aptX codec. Flexibility is further enhanced by a 3.5mm analogue stereo input and supplied cable.
- Bass Driver: 3" (75mm) woven polypropylene bass coe
- Treble Driver: 3/4" (19mm) silk dome
- Inputs: apt-X Bluetooth / 3.5mm stereo AUX in
- Amplifier Power Output: 2x15W (digital amplifier with DSP)
- Frequency Response (+/-3db): 120Hz - 20Hz
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 190mm x 120mm 140mm
- Net Weight: 2.9kg
- Stand Accessories: 3.5mm Stereo AUX cable / power cable / power adaptor