Wharfedale’s new EVO 4 S - Surround Sound Speaker has grown out of the extensive research and development that produced the ELYSIAN flagship loudspeakers and borrows much of the technology involved in ELYSIAN.
The primary focus is on the AMT (Air Transformer) development resulting in a radically different way of reproducing high frequency detail efficiently and accurately. Similar cabinet technology to the ELYSIAN provides a stable and solid foundation for the drive units with radiused edges to help integrate the driver output with the room acoustics.
In addition the unique SLPP (Slot Loaded Profiled Port) bass reflex system, as developed for ELYSIAN, is now incorporated in EVO4.
- Enclosure Type: Closed Box
- Transducer Complement: 3-way
- Bass Driver: 6.5"(165mm) black woven Kevlar® cone x 2
- Midrange Driver: 2"(50mm) soft dome x2
- Treble Driver: 30x60mm AMT x2
- AV Shield: No
- Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1M): 88dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 25-120W
- Peak SPL: 106dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8Ω Compatible
- Minimum Impedance: 3.9Ω
- Frequency Response (+/-3dB): 70Hz ~ 22kHz
- Bass Extension (-6dB): 65Hz
- Crossover Frequency: 1.5kHz,4.4kHz
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 245 x 400 x (145+10)mm
- Net Weight: 11.8kg/pcs