The Audison Prima APK 165 2 way system features an AP 1 tweeter and an AP 6.5 woofer. APCX TW crossover features a two-position level selector providing the ability to adapt its response to its two main applications: +2dB if installed behind the OEM grille, 0dB for an A-pillar installation without additional grilles between the tweeter and the listener.
To ease the installation in OEM placements the woofers are equipped with high current fast-on terminals with double contact on positive and negative poles for high flexibility and quick connection.
Watch an APK 165 install on a Ferrari 458 done at Studio Incar by Carl
AP 1 Tweeter
- AP 1 tweeter with 26 mm diameter diaphragm combined with a wide-roll surround provides maximum efficiency and reduced resonance frequency.
- AP 1 tweeter with acoustic lens designed to compensate for and fine tune the in-car frequency response anomalies in the 10kHz - 13kHz bandwidth caused by restrictive OEM grilles in critical OEM placements.
- APCX TW very compact tweeter passive crossover optimised for OEM Integration featuring an attenuation switch (0 dB, +2dB) to tune the in-car response according to different installation conditions.
- Passive crossovers are supplied with “OEM Integration compliant” fast-on connectors. The ends, different in each of the two poles, eliminate any possible connection errors and speed up the required installation time.
AP 6.5 Woofer
- 32 mm pure copper voice coil, for high power handling and outstanding low frequency control.
- Water-repellent treated paper cone, featuring a profile developed with FEM (Finite Element Method) simulation technology and optimized with the Klippel R&D Scan Vibrometer.
- Weduced mounting depth, providing ease of installation in OEM placements.
- TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) surround, featuring the exclusive shallow “Triple Wave” profile, for maximum excursion linearity.
- Compact basket, protected by abrasion-resistant and scratch-proof coating, the motor affixed with damping epoxy adhesive.
- High current fast-on terminal with double contact on positive and negative poles for high flexibility and quick connection. The terminal features a temperature resistant plastic cover, protecting it against accidental short circuits.
- Developed with the KLIPPEL suite. * Grille included
- Comp - 2-Way System
- Size - Woofer 165mm (6.5"), Tweeter 26mm (1")
- Power Handling - 100 W Continuous Power, 300 W Peak Power
- Impedance - 4 Ω
- Frequency Response - 60 - 20kHz
- Crossover Type - HP @ 3.5kHz - 6dB Oct
- Component Adjustment - +2; 0dB
- Woofer Magnet Size - 85mm (3.55") x 40mm (1.57") x 15mm (0.59")
- Tweeter Magnet Size - 19mm (0.75") x 13mm (0.12")
- Weight of one component - Woofer 0.78 Kg (1.72 lb), Tweeter 0.04Kg (0.09 lb)
- Voice coil Ø - Woofer 32mm (1.26"), Tweeter 20mm (0.8")