A Hegel H390 Integrated Amplifier, running through a pair of Dynaudio Evoke 50 - Floorstanding Speakers.
Available with optional Chord OdysseyX Speaker Cables in 2 Meter and 4 Meter lengths. (These are bare wires, not terminated)
For full details and product specifications, please click on the following links:
- Amplifier - Hegel H390 - Integrated Amplifier - £5250
- Speakers - Dynaudio Evoke 50 - Floorstanding Speakers - £4200
- Cables - Chord OdysseyX - Speaker Cables - £30 per metre (bare cable)
Amplifier - Hegel H390 Integrated Amplifier
The Hegel H390 - Integrated Dual Mono Amplifier is very much at the tip of the spear in Hegel's pursuit of making mainstream sources sound their very best. Meaning the H390 is not just for the Audiophile. It is a product for the entire family to enjoy.
At the heart of the H390 is Hegel's patented SoundEngine 2 amplifier section. The SoundEngine 2, in many ways, works like a noise canceling headphone. A computer inside will sample what comes into the amplifier and compares it to what comes out. The computer subtracts the difference (distortion) and then add it into the music but in reverse phase.
The result being that, without any time delay, the SoundEngine cancels out almost all errors made by the amplifier. Leaving you with the most musical and natural sound you ever have experienced.
- Power Output: 2 x 250 W into 8 Ω, Dual Mono
- Minimum Load: 2 Ω
- Analog Inputs: 1 x balanced (XLR), 2 x unbalanced (RCA)
- Digital Outputs: 1 x coaxial (BNC)
- Digital Inputs: 1 x coaxial (BNC), 1 x coaxial (RCA), 3 x optical, 1 x USB, 1 x Network
- Line level Output: 1 x unbalanced fixed (RCA), 1 x unbalanced variable (RCA)
- MQA supported Inputs: USB, BNC, Optical and Coaxial
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz - 180 kHz
- Signal-to-noise Ratio: More than 100 dB
- Crosstalk: Less than -100 dB
- Distortion: Less than 0.005% @ 50 W/8 Ω/1 kHz
- Intermodulation: Less than 0.01% (19 kHz + 20 kHz)
- Damping Factor: More than 4000 (main power output stage)
- Dimensions incl feet: 14,5 cm x 43 cm x 44 cm (HxWxD), 20 kg unit weight
- Special features: Set Startup volume | Set max volume | Software upgradable | Configure all inputs as fixed level inputs | IP control
Speakers - Dynaudio Evoke 50 - Floorstanding Speakers
The Dynaudio Evoke 50 - Floorstanding Speakers are a full 3-way floorstander with a 28mm soft-dome tweeter, a 15cm neodymium midrange driver and twin 18cm woofers.
Come in on a high note
The Evoke 50 features Dynaudio’s newest tweeter: Cerotar. It’s a brand-new, ground-up design that uses key technologies from the award-winning Esotar Forty anniversary tweeter, the awesome new Contour i series and the all-singing, all-dancing tech-fest that is the all-new Confidence.
Just underneath the precision-coated dome sits an inner dome: the Hexis. This ingenious device is close enough to the back of the diaphragm that it stops unwanted resonant frequencies reflecting back to the rear of the playing surface. It smooths out the frequency response for clearer, cleaner, sweeter treble – meaning more detail.
Dynaudio Evoke 50 - Floorstanding Speakers - Colour Options
- Sensitivity: 87dB (2.83V / 1m)
- IEC Power Handling: 260W
- Impedance: 4 Ω (3 Ω minimum @100Hz)
- Frequency Response (±3dB): 35Hz – 23kHz
- Box Principle: Bass reflex rear ported
- Crossover: 3-way
- Crossover Frequency: 430 / 3500Hz
- Crossover Topology: 3rd / 2nd order
- Woofer: 2 x 18cm MSP cone
- Midrange: 15cm MSP
- Tweeter: 28mm Cerotar with Hexis
- Weight: 26.9kg / 59.3lb
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 215 x 1140 x 307mm
- Dimensions with feet/grille (W x H x D): 305 x 1162 x 373mm
Cables - Chord Company OdysseyX Speaker Cables
Chord Odyssey X uses the same materials as Rumour X. Odyssey’s heavier gauge conductors bring so much more detail and dynamics to a system, along with a degree of control and definition that can transform the performance of both floor and stand mounted loudspeakers. Odyssey was launched in 1998 and set a new standard of performance. It’s neutrality, its compatibility and consistency of performance from system to system made it very rapidly a very popular speaker cable.
Hi-Fi News magazine liked Chord Odyssey so much because of its performance and price that it won the best speaker cable award for five years in a row.
- Conductor: Silver-plated OFC
- Insulation: PTFE
- Configuration: Twisted pair
- Shielding: None. PVC outer jacket
- AWG: 12
- mm2: 3.31
- Diameter: 8mm