The Hegel H390 - Integrated Dual Mono Amplifier is very much at the tip of the spear in Hegel's pursuit of making mainstream sources sound their very best. Meaning the H390 is not just for the Audiophile. It is a product for the entire family to enjoy.
At the heart of the H390 is Hegel's patented SoundEngine 2 amplifier section. The SoundEngine 2, in many ways, works like a noise canceling headphone. A computer inside will sample what comes into the amplifier and compares it to what comes out. The computer subtracts the difference (distortion) and then add it into the music but in reverse phase.
The result being that, without any time delay, the SoundEngine cancels out almost all errors made by the amplifier. Leaving you with the most musical and natural sound you ever have experienced.
Digital Connections of the Hegel 190
Then there is digital. If not using a turntable, you are probably using digital connections. Hegel designs both the analog and digital sections from the ground up and in house. The digital section in the H390 is unique in that regardless of the signal type or input, the music signal remains unchanged and untampered within the H390.
This is digital in its purest form. For those interested in deep tech, Hegel has even designed digital clocks that will follow the sampling frequency in the music and "down-clock" when receiving a low-resolution file. For the non-techie, the result is a far more natural and "analog" sound as well as an unbelievable soundstage and realism.
Network Streaming Connectivity
The Hegel H390 has Apple Airplay and UPnP streaming. Free updates with services like Spotify Connect, IP Control, and Control4 are offered. It supports most audio formats like DSD and MQA. All inputs are configurable for volume bypass, so you can integrate in a home theater or with a Bluesound or Sonos. Almost whatever you want, you can do it with the H390.
The Hegel H390 is a complete product. Great care has been taken in every step of the design. From carefully selecting and matching components to using the best measurement equipment in the world, in combination with the users ears. Real people gave input on how they would want to use a stereo system. You can connect virtually anything you like.
Hi-Fi News Magazine gave the Hegel 390 its Outstanding Product rating. Read the Full Review HERE.
What's in the Box?
- Hegel H390 - Integrated Amplifier
- User Manual
- Power Cable
- Hegel RC8 - Remote Control
- Accessory Box
- Power Output: 2 x 250 W into 8 Ω, Dual Mono
- Minimum Load: 2 Ω
- Analog Inputs: 1 x balanced (XLR), 2 x unbalanced (RCA)
- Digital Outputs: 1 x coaxial (BNC)
- Digital Inputs: 1 x coaxial (BNC), 1 x coaxial (RCA), 3 x optical, 1 x USB, 1 x Network
- Line level Output: 1 x unbalanced fixed (RCA), 1 x unbalanced variable (RCA)
- MQA supported Inputs: USB, BNC, Optical and Coaxial
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz - 180 kHz
- Signal-to-noise Ratio: More than 100 dB
- Crosstalk: Less than -100 dB
- Distortion: Less than 0.005% @ 50 W/8 Ω/1 kHz
- Intermodulation: Less than 0.01% (19 kHz + 20 kHz)
- Damping Factor: More than 4000 (main power output stage)
- Dimensions incl feet: 14,5 cm x 43 cm x 44 cm (HxWxD), 20 kg unit weight
- Special features: Set Startup volume | Set max volume | Software upgradable | Configure all inputs as fixed level inputs | IP control