The Hegel H120 Integrated Stereo Amplifier is a small step up from other entry level amplifiers in terms of price, but it is a solid step up in features and performance. The significantly larger power supply creates a more dynamic sound and for combining with large loudspeakers presenting more challenging drive loads. The digital section is taken directly from its bigger siblings, and this is really the core of the H120. We see the typical user of the H120 as people who are into digital music streaming. For the money, we claim that the H120 does that better than anything else.
The digital-to-analog conversion is of the highest quality in the Hegel H120, with technology crafted from the ground up by Hegel. You can take full control of the digital data stream, using technology developed from Hegel's absolute reference products, ensuring digital music delivery in its purest form. The result for you is perfectly natural sound, without any artifacts that make you want to turn the volume down.
Network Streaming Connectivity
The Hegel H120 has Apple Airplay, Spotify Connect, IP Control, Control4 and upnp streaming. More features are already in progress and will be offered at no cost, using the easy Firmware update functionality. All inputs are configurable for volume bypass, so you can integrate in a home theater or with (for example) a Bluesound or Sonos. Whatever you want, you can do it with the H120.
Hegel H120 Technology
The H120 uses the Hegel SoundEngine 2 amplifier platform allowing a damping factor higher than 2000 together with extremely low distortion levels. In many ways it works like a noise cancelling headphone. It compares the output of the amplifier with the input. It detects all the sound pollution (distortion), and plays this forward into the speaker output, but in reverse phase.
Like 1 minus 1 equals 0. It cancels out all pollution in real time, leaving you with only the most natural sound. The SoundEngine technology has been developed over more than 30 years, from conception to where it is now. Millions of dollars were invested in initial development. It is what makes possible the sound performance for the money in the H120.
Hi-Fi Choice Magazine gave the Hegel 120 its Editors Choice Rating. Read the Full Review HERE.
What's in the Box?
- Hegel H120 - Integrated Amplifier
- User Manual
- Power Cable
- Hegel RC8 - Remote Control
- Accessory Box
- Power Output: 2 x 75 W into 8 Ω
- Minimum Load: 2 Ω
- Analog Inputs: 1 x balanced (XLR), 2 x unbalanced (RCA)
- Digital Inputs: 1 x coaxial (RCA), 3 x optical, 1 x USB, 1 x Network
- Line level Output: 1 x unbalanced variable (RCA)
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz - 100 kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: More than 100 dB
- Crosstalk: Less than -100 dB
- Distortion: Less than 0.01% @ 50 W/8 Ω/1 kHz
- Intermodulation: Less than 0.01% (19 kHz + 20 kHz)
- Damping Factor: More than 2000 (main power output stage)
- Dimensions incl feet: 10 cm x 43 cm x 31 cm (HxWxD), 12kg