The Hertz Mille Legend ML 1800.3 woofers have been researched and designed for the enthusiasts attending contests who need a component merging the timbre accuracy of the Hertz Mille Legend ML 1650.3 to a wider extension of the low frequencies thanks to the large emission surface, higher power handling and control which only a 50 mm voice coil can ensure.
To get to these results, the Hertz R&D staff performed extensive in-car voicing sessions, after building several prototypes with the FEA simulation method and testing them with a wide array of measurements carried out with the Klippel® suite.
Like in the suspensions of competition cars, the surround must stand the most extreme working conditions to ensure maximum stability and symmetry at high excursions, and so to achieve impact and extension to the low frequency range.
For this reason, the electro-acoustic designers developed a new surround-basket gluing system called “Boundary Free Surround”. This technology, provides the ability to achieve wider emission surface of the cone compared to speakers with same diameter; that way, the cone manages to move a bigger mass of air, so it produces more acoustic pressure.
Hertz Mille Legend ML 1800.3 - Product Features
- Neodymium magnet optimized with FEA simulations for real dynamics and utmost control.
- Very low carbon content CNC machined plates, for maximum magnetic permeability and low distortion at high power levels.
- Aluminium covered pole for a linear impedance modulation and low distortion.
- 50 mm CCAW double layer voice coil wound on a Polyamide former for exceptional power handling and compression-free re production even in the most demanding musical passages.
- Exponential V-cone® with optimized geometry for utmost linearity and dispersion.
- “Boundary Free” IIR rubber surround, for better efficiency and wider mid-bass frequency.
- Pressed-pulp cone with cotton fibres, combining stiffness and lightweight, to achieve wide frequency response and limited break-ups at high frequency.
- Three-spoke, very acoustically transparent anti-resonant aluminium alloy basket featuring built-in venting holes.
- CNC machined elegant diamond-cut basket edge featuring the Hertz logo.
- Die-cast aluminium factory provided grille featuring diamond-cut aluminium Hertz logo.
- V-CONE® - The exponential profile gets very close to the perfect one, providing exceptional dispersion.
- BOUNDARY FREE SURROUND - This technology provides the ability to achieve wider emission surface of the cone compared to speakers with same diameter; that way, the cone manages to move a bigger mass of air, so it produces more acoustic pressure. This special surround is built from highly pure IIR butyl rubber, ensuring extraordinary thermal and mechanical linearity.
- Woofer size: 180mm (7 in)
- Voice Coil Ø: 50mm (2 in)
- Power Handling: 400W Peak / 200W Continuous
- Impedance: 4Ω
- Frequency Response: 38Hz - 6kHz
- Magnet size: 90mm x 60.7mm x 5mm
- Centre to centre distance: 173mm (6.81 in)
- Hole diameter / Eyelet Dimensions: 5mm (0.2 in)
- Weight of one speaker: 1.71kg (3.77 in)
- Magnet: Neodymium
- Dome/Cone: Pressed-pulp cone with cotton fibres
- Xmech: ±10mm (0.4 in)