The Pro-Ject RPM-1 Carbon utilises a lot of innovations and enhancements: A low resonance chassis holds a newly designed inverted platter bearing with ceramic ball for further reduced rumble. An outboard 15V AC motor is smoothly driven using an ultra-precision AC generator with DC power supply for further enhanced speed stability. A completely new designed S-shaped tonearm tube is made from carbon fibre, aluminium and resin.
Using a complex 3-step process with heat treatment and 100bar pressure, arm tube rigidity is strenghtened, internal damping is maximized and resonances are reduced to a minimum. This makes the tonearm also suitable for MC cartridges. Additional features are a new magnetic antiskating mechanism and a TPE-damped counterweight. All ingredients add up to a miracle in sound for the price and ultra-stylish look!
The RPM 1 Carbon is available with the Ortofon 2M Red cartridge. A super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance Pro-Ject Connect it E phono cable is included.
What's in the Box:
- RPM 1 Carbon (Ortofon 2M Red Cartridge)
- Connect it E Phono Cable
- Felt mat
- Adapter for 7“ singles
- Power supply
- Allen key, stylus pressure gauge
- Precision belt drive using synchronous motor
- Ultra-precision DC-driven AC generator motor power
- Inverted platter bearing with ceramic ball
- Platter made from MDF using felt mat
- 8,6” S-shaped tonearm made from carbon, aluminium, resin utilising special heat and pressure treatments
- Magnetic antiskating
- Counterweight with TPE damping
- Available with Ortofon 2M Red cartridge
- 3 high-gloss colours (black, red, white)