The Audison Prima APBX 8 R loaded enclosure was developed with reflex loading, with tuning designed to concentrate SPL in the lowest frequency range. The aim was to exploit the natural boost in output found in most cars below 60 Hz known as “cabin gain”. The 8-inch single 4 Ω voice-coil subwoofer has a powerful motor that maximizes efficiency in combination with the AP8.9 bit amplifier. The low-resonant frequency of the subwoofer, matched to the reflex enclosure keeps excursion low within the entire audio spectrum, allowing also the use with a pair of AP4.9 bit / AP4 D bridged channels, capable of delivering 260 W rms.
- Ultra-low profile (5.16 in. / 131 mm) box with slot-ported design perfectly tuned to fully exploit the APS 8 R driver.
- 2S² (2 Sides/2 Sounds) design provides the ability to choose between Down-Firing mounting to increase the lowfrequency extension and Up-Firing install to obtain more punch and definition.
- Levelling feet with velcro inserts included for a secure grip with the carpet while maintaining easy removal.
- SSP (Sub Smart Plug) features both traditional push contacts and a Plug-&-Play terminal block to easily configure the impedance as required and provides a quick release.
- Rounded corners allow easy positioning in the trunk and act as reinforcement to reduce enclosure resonance.
- Special designed cone-dustcap-basket geometry which guarantees a long linear excursion capability (9 mm, one-way).
- Massive driver motor assembly, optimized with FEM (Finite Element Modeling) for perfect control under high excursion conditions.
- Water-repellent treated paper 8 in. cone, featuring a profile developed with FEM and optimized with the Klippel Scan Vibrometer.
- Specifically developed to be combined with either the AP8.9 bit (2 CH bridged) or AP4.9 bit /AP4 D (2 CH bridged) amplifiers taking advantage of the bass boost feature and integrated parametric equalizer of the built-in DSP.
- Sturdy metal grid included for a total protection of the subwoofer driver.
- Comp - REFLEX SUB BOX
- Subwoofer size - 200mm (8")
- Output power (RMS) - 250 W Continuous Power, 500 W Peak Power
- Impedance - 4 Ω
- Sub box size - 473mm (18.62") x 334mm (13.15") x 109mm (4.29")
- Magnet - High density flux ferrite
- Cone - Cotton-Fibre pressed paper
- Weight of one component - 6.64 Kg (14.64 lb)