The Audison Prima APS 8 R was designed with the aim of providing high acoustical output even when used with lower power, for use in an 8.5 litres reflex enclosure, with tuning between 30 and 40Hz.
The APS 8 R has been specifically developed to be combined with either the AP8.9 bit or AP4.9 bit / AP4 D. Prima subwoofer components have been developed with a primary goal: to deliver high output in tight spaces. Output is a matter of excursion; the more air the cone moves, the more output. However reduced mounting depth traditionally has meant low excursion.
Prima subwoofers employ a special cone-dustcap-basket geometry which guarantees large excursion of the mobile group, while keeping the mounting depth to a minimum. The surround and spider have been carefully designed to prevent the “rocking-mode” phenomenon.
The cooling circuit has been designed with air vents on the basket underneath the spider, eliminating the need for vents on the bottom-plate. This allows the subwoofer to be mounted close to the back wall of the enclosure, making the most of the reduced mounting depth.
Audison APS 8 R - Product Features
- Ultra-low profile (3.11 in. / 79 mm) for maximum installation flexibility.
- Designed to deliver maximum performance in a reflex enclosure starting from 8.5 litres.
- Special designed cone-dustcap-basket geometry which guarantees a long linear excursion capability (almost 9 mm, one-way) while keeping the mounting depth to minimum.
- Air vents on the basket underneath the spider, eliminating the need for the central pole vent allowing mounting close to rear wall of enclosure.
- Massive motor assembly optimized with FEM (Finite Element Modeling) for perfect control under high excursion conditions.
- Water-repellent treated paper 8 in. cone featuring a profile developed with FEM simulation and optimized with the Klippel Scan Vibrometer.
- Specifically developed to be combined with either the Audison AP8.9 bit (2 CH bridged) or AP4.9 bit /AP4 D (2 CH bridged) amplifiers.
- Steel mesh grille and plastic gasket included.
- Subwoofer size - 200mm (8")
- Subwoofer Voice coil - 40mm (1.57")
- Power handling - 500W peak, 250W continuous
- Impedance - 4Ω
- Centre to centre distance - 207mm (8.15")
- Midrange magnet size D·d·h - 120mm (4.72") x 50mm (1.97") x 28mm (1.1")
- Total driver displacement - 0.67 Litres (0.01 cu.inchs)
- Hole diameter - 5mm (0.2")
- Weight of one speaker - 3.04Kg (6.7 lb)
- Magnet - High density flux ferrite
- Cone - Water-repellent treated paper