The Ortofon 2M 78 Moving Magnet Turntable Cartridge provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
It features an improved engine, which provides a high level of sonic accuracy.
- Spherical diamond that is perfect for playback of 78 rpm shellac records, which require a larger stylus profile.
- the cartridge body is manufactured from Hopelex, an environment-friendly material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
The 2M 78 uses a strapped output to deliver the same output signal from both sets of pole pins. This effectively eliminates the need for mono-specific equipment, making it possible to enjoy true mono reproduction on any stereo playback system.
The 2M 78 Verso model is an alternative product for bottom mount headshells.
Included in the Package:
2M 78 accessories Included
- 1 x Stylus brush
- 1 x Screwdriver
- 2 x Screw M2,5 x 5
- 2 x Screw M2,5 x 7
2M 78 Verso accessories included the package:
- 1 x Stylus brush
- 1 x Allen key Torx 6
- 1 x Allen key Torx 8
- 2 x Screw M2,0 x 6
Each of the 2M Series cartridges has its own individual sonic expression, and all five models together represent the ensemble of five classic variations:
- 2M Mono and 2M 78 are true mono cartridges for playing mono vinyl records
- 2M Red is an all-purpose cartridge that delivers an open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth
- 2M Blue adds more dynamics and resolution, sounds more open and reproduces more details
- 2M Bronze adds even more details and resolution but in a very even-handed way that pays respect to all elements
- 2M Black is the best of everything, true to the groove with resolution and accurate insight into each recording
The 2M series of cartridges features Ortofon’s trademark split pole pins, an invention that enables moving magnet cartridges to have a flat frequency response, as with a moving coil cartridge.
Split pole pins were invented by Ortofon, and were originally presented in the 500 series and OM Super series.
- Output Voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec: 4 mV
- Frequency Response: 20-20.000 + 3 / - 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 70 µm
- Compliance, Dynamic, Lateral: 18 µm/mN
- Stylus Type: Spherical
- Stylus Tip Radius: R 65 µm
- Tracking Force Range: 1.6-2.0 g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking Force, Recommended: 1.8 g (18 mN)
- Internal Impedance, DC Resistance: 700 Ohm
- Internal Inductance: 350 mH
- Recommended Load Resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended Load Capacitance: 150-300 pF
- Tracking Angle: 20°
- Cartridge Colour, Body/Stylus: Black/Grey
- Cartridge Weight: 7.2 g