The Ortofon 2M Red Moving Magnet Turntable Cartridge is an all-purpose cartridge that delivers open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth.
It features an improved engine, which provides an increased output of 5.5 mV and an optimized sound reproduction and a high level of sonic accuracy.
- A tipped Elliptical diamond and split pole pins with a copper wire.
- The cartridge body is manufactured from Hopelex, an environment-friendly material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
Ortofon have optimised the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, and the weight and size to fit the most common turntables on the market today.
The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
The 2M Red Verso model is an alternative product for bottom mount headshells.
Included in the Package:
2M Red accessories Included
- 1 x Stylus brush
- 1 x Screwdriver
- 2 x Screw M2,5 x 5
- 2 x Screw M2,5 x 7
2M Red Verso accessories included the package:
- 1 x Stylus brush
- 1 x Allen key Torx 6
- 1 x Allen key Torx 8
- 2 x Screw M2,0 x 6
Each of the 2M Series cartridges has its own individual sonic expression, and all five models together represent the ensemble of five classic variations:
- 2M Mono and 2M 78 are true mono cartridges for playing mono vinyl records
- 2M Red is an all-purpose cartridge that delivers an open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth
- 2M Blue adds more dynamics and resolution, sounds more open and reproduces more details
- 2M Bronze adds even more details and resolution but in a very even-handed way that pays respect to all elements
- 2M Black is the best of everything, true to the groove with resolution and accurate insight into each recording
The 2M series of cartridges features Ortofon’s trademark split pole pins, an invention that enables moving magnet cartridges to have a flat frequency response, as with a moving coil cartridge.
Split pole pins were invented by Ortofon, and were originally presented in the 500 series and OM Super series.
- Output Voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec: 5.5 mV
- Channel Balance at 1 kHz: 1.5 dB
- Channel Separation at 1 kHz: 22 dB
- Channel Separation at 15 kHz: 15 dB
- Frequency Response: 20-20.000 + 3 / - 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 70 µm
- Compliance, Dynamic, Lateral: 20 µm/mN
- Stylus Type: Elliptical
- Stylus Tip Radius: r/R 8/18 µm
- Tracking Force Range: 1.6-2.0 g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking Force, Recommended: 1.8 g (18 mN)
- Tracking Angle: 20°
- Internal Impedance, DC Resistance: 1.3 kOhm
- Internal Inductance: 700 mH
- Recommended Load Resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended Load Capacitance: 150-300 pF
- Cartridge Colour, Body/Stylus: Black/Red
- Cartridge Weight: 7.2 g