The Audison Prima APS 10 D Subwoofer is designed to deliver maximum performance in a sealed enclosure with ultra-compact volumes, from 10 - 12 litres.
The dual voice-coil and single voice coil versions feature push connectors for ease of wiring and configurations. Prima subwoofer components have been developed with a primary goal: to deliver high output in tight spaces. Output is a matter of excursion; the more air the cone moves, the more output. However reduced mounting depth traditionally has meant low excursion.
Prima subwoofers employ a special cone-dustcap-basket geometry which guarantees large excursion of the mobile group, while keeping the mounting depth to a minimum. The surround and spider have been carefully designed to prevent the “rocking-mode” phenomenon.
The cooling circuit has been designed with air vents on the basket underneath the spider, eliminating the need for vents on the bottom-plate. This allows the subwoofer to be mounted close to the back wall of the enclosure, making the most of the reduced mounting depth.
Audison APS 10 D - Product Features
- Ultra-low profile (4.7 in. / 120 mm) for maximum installation flexibility.
- Designed to deliver maximum performance in a sealed enclosure starting from 10 litres.
- Special designed cone-dustcap-basket geometry which guarantees a long linear excursion capability (11 mm, one-way) while keeping the mounting depth to minimum.
- Air vents on the basket underneath the spider, eliminating the need for the central pole vent allowing mounting close to rear wall of enclosure.
- Massive motor assembly, optimized with FEM (Finite Element Modeling) for perfect control under high power, high excursion conditions.
- Water-repellent treated paper 10 inch cone, featuring a profile developed with FEM simulation and optimized with the Klippel Scan Vibrometer.
- Dual voice coil design specifically developed to be combined with either AP8.9 bit (2 CH + 2 CH bridged), AP5.9 bit (Sub CH) or AP4.9 bit/AP4 D (2 CH bridged) amplifiers.
- Steel mesh grille and plastic gasket included.
- Component - Subwoofer
- Subwoofer Size - 250mm (10")
- Subwoofer Voice coil Ø - 60mm (2.36")
- Power Handling - 400 W Continuous Power, 800 W Peak Power
- Impedance - 4+4 Ω
- Centre to Centre distance - 255mm (10.04")
- Subwoofer Magnet Size - 140mm (5.51") x 70mm (2.76") x 30mm (1.18")
- Total driver displacement - 1.12 Litres (0.02 cu.inch)
- Weight of one speaker - 5.245 Kg (11.56 lb)
- Magnet - High density flux ferrite
- Cone - Water-repellent pressed paper