The Audison Prima APS 8 D Subwoofer is designed to deliver maximum performance in a sealed enclosure with ultra-compact volumes from 7.5 - 8.5 litres.
It features push connectors for ease of wiring and configurations and has been developed with a primary goal: to deliver high output in tight spaces. Output is a matter of excursion; the more air the cone moves, the more output. However reduced mounting depth traditionally has meant low excursion.
Prima subwoofers employ a special cone-dustcap-basket geometry which guarantees large excursion of the mobile group, while keeping the mounting depth to a minimum. The surround and spider have been carefully designed to prevent the “rocking-mode” phenomenon.
The cooling circuit has been designed with air vents on the basket underneath the spider, eliminating the need for vents on the bottom-plate. This allows the subwoofer to be mounted close to the back wall of the enclosure, making the most of the reduced mounting depth.
Audison APS 8 D - Product Features
- Ultra-low profile (3.11 in. / 79 mm) for maximum installation flexibility.
- Designed to deliver maximum performance in a sealed enclosure starting from 7.5 litres.
- Special designed cone-dustcap-basket geometry which guarantees a long linear excursion capability (almost 9 mm, one-way) while keeping the mounting depth to minimum.
- Air vents on the basket underneath the spider, eliminating the need for the central pole vent allowing mounting close to rear wall of enclosure.
- Massive motor assembly optimized with FEM (Finite Element Modeling) for perfect control under high power, high excursion conditions.
- Water-repellent treated paper 8 in. cone featuring a profile developed with simulation and optimized with the Klippel Scan Vibrometer.
- Dual voice coil design specifically developed to be combined with either AP8.9 bit (2 CH + 2 CH bridged), AP5.9 bit (Sub CH) or AP4.9 bit/AP4 D (2 CH bridged) amplifiers.
- Steel mesh grille and plastic gasket included.
- Component - SUBWOOFER
- Subwoofer size - 200mm (8")
- Subwoofer Voice coil - 40mm (1.57")
- Power handling - 500W peak, 250W continuous
- Impedance - 4+4Ω
- Centre to centre distance - 207mm (8.15")
- Midrange magnet size D·d·h - 120mm (4.72") x 50mm (1.97") x 28mm (1.1")
- Total driver displacement - 0.67 Litres (0.01 cu.inchs)
- Hole diameter - 5mm (0.2")
- Weight of one speaker - 3.1Kg (6.83 lb)
- Magnet - High density flux ferrite
- Cone - Water-repellent treated paper