A Hegel H120 - Integrated Amplifier partnered to a Pro-Ject X2 turntable. Running through a pair of Dynaudio Special Forty - Standmount speakers.
Available with optional Chord RumourX Speaker Cables in 2 Meter and 4 Meter lengths. (These are bare wires, not terminated)
For full details and product specifications, please click on the following links:
- Source - Pro-Ject X2 - Turntable - £1199
- Amplifier - Hegel H120 - Integrated Amplifier - £2400
- Speakers - Dynaudio Special 40 - Standmount Speakers £2800
- Cables - Chord RumourX - Speaker Cables - £20 per metre (bare cable)
Source - Pro-Ject X2 - Turntable
The Pro-Ject X2 Turntable is made for those who take great joy in the fine details, the build-quality, the high-grade materials and even more audio performance. Structurally, the X2 is supported by its large, heavy, dense and stiff MDF structure, reducing unwanted resonances to almost imperceptible levels. By adding this extra mass, the X2 is even quieter, allowing the vinyl reproduction to become more detailed and precise.
The increased mass makes the tonearm an excellent fit for low compliance MC cartridges. Finished as a one-piece, with no resonance-inducing headshell, the X2 can also be set for azimuth and VTA adjustment. The TPE damped counterweight reduces arm-cartridge resonances by as much as 50%.
- Speed: 33, 45, 78 (electronic speed change)
- Principle: belt drive
- Platter: 30mm thick acryl, 2 kg heavy acryl
- Main bearing: Stainless steel
- Speed variance: 33: +/-0,25%; 45: +/-0,20%
- Wow & flutter: 33: +/-0,12%; 45: +/-0,10%
- Signal to Noise: 70 dB
- Tonearm: 9” carbon/aluminium sandwich tonearm
- Effective arm length: 9“/230 mm
- Effective tonearm mass: 13.5 g
- Overhang: 18.0 mm
- Tracking force range: 0 - 30mN (18mN recommended for Pick it 2M Silver)
- Included accessory: 15V DC / 800 mA power supply, dust cover, Connect it E Phono RCA cable, felt mat
- Power consumption: 4.5 W max / 0.3 W standby
- Dimensions: 460 x 150 x 340 mm (WxHxD) lid closed
- Weight: 10 kg net
Pro-Ject X2 Turntable - Colour Options
Amplifier - Hegel H120 - Integrated Amplifier
The Hegel H120 Integrated Stereo Amplifier is a small step up from other entry level amplifiers in terms of price, but it is a solid step up in features and performance. The significantly larger power supply creates a more dynamic sound and for combining with large loudspeakers presenting more challenging drive loads.
The digital section is taken directly from its bigger siblings, and this is really the core of the H120. We see the typical user of the H120 as people who are into digital music streaming. For the money, we claim that the H120 does that better than anything else.
The Hegel H120 has Apple Airplay, Spotify Connect, IP Control, Control4 and upnp streaming. More features are already in progress and will be offered at no cost, using the easy Firmware update functionality. All inputs are configurable for volume bypass, so you can integrate in a home theater or with (for example) a Bluesound or Sonos. Whatever you want, you can do it with the H120.
- Power Output: 2 x 75 W into 8 Ω
- Minimum Load: 2 Ω
- Analog Inputs: 1 x balanced (XLR), 2 x unbalanced (RCA)
- Digital Inputs: 1 x coaxial (RCA), 3 x optical, 1 x USB, 1 x Network
- Line level Output: 1 x unbalanced variable (RCA)
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz - 100 kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: More than 100 dB
- Crosstalk: Less than -100 dB
- Distortion: Less than 0.01% @ 50 W/8 Ω/1 kHz
- Intermodulation: Less than 0.01% (19 kHz + 20 kHz)
- Damping Factor: More than 2000 (main power output stage)
- Dimensions incl feet: 10 cm x 43 cm x 31 cm (HxWxD), 12kg
Hegel H120 Integrated Amplifier - Colour Options
Speakers - Dynaudio Special 40 - Standmount Speakers
The Dynaudio Special Forty anniversary speaker is classic Dynaudio and has all the craftsmanship, attention to detail and love of authentic sound you’ve come to expect. Plus some cutting-edge innovation.
This wouldn’t be an anniversary speaker if it didn’t include some of Dynaudio's greatest hits.
Dynaudio Special Forty - Standmount Speakers - Colour Options
- Sensitivity: 86dB (2.83V/1m)
- IEC power handling: 200W
- Impedance: 6Ω
- Frequency response (+/- 3dB): 41Hz–23kHz
- Box principle: Bass reflex rear ported
- Crossover: 2-way
- Crossover frequency: 2000Hz
- Crossover topology: 1st order
- Woofer: 17cm MSP cone
- Tweeter: 28mm Esotar Forty
- Weight: 8.1kg/17.9lb
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 198 x 360 x 307mm
- Dimensions with feet/grille (WxHxD): 198 x 360 x 322mm
Cables - Chord Company RumourX Speaker Cables
Chord Rumour was the second attempt at producing a speaker cable. The first being a copper and polyethylene flat design in single and bi-wire configuration called Myth/Legend. Chord were also investigating speaker cables that used silver-plated conductors in combination with PTFE insulation and had been experimenting with twisted pair conductor configurations, as at the time, heavy gauge parallel conductors were the standard for speaker cables.
By twisting the conductors together, the noise floor of the system could be improved. An ideal twist ratio could be achieved and the cable designed around this.
- Conductor: Silver-plated OFC
- Insulation: XLPE
- Configuration: Twisted pair
- Shielding: None. PVC outer jacket
- AWG: 16
- mm2: 1.31
- Diameter: 6mm