The Ortofon Quintet Bronze Moving Coil Turntable Cartridge moves into the higher league of the Quintets.
The slim profile of its Nude Fine Line diamond stylus will track even the highest frequency information, making it a must for discerning listeners.
Additionally its larger footprint ensures reduced distortion and record wear.
The sound will be very evenhanded with respect to all aspects. Classical music will be reproduced with power and open space around each of the instruments.
Ease of Use
Top-mounting of the Quintet cartridges is easy and secure using the screws supplied. The aluminuim frame has threaded mounting holes and is fitted easily with the 5mm or 7mm screws depending on the thickness of the headshell.
The Quintet series’ right angles, straight lines, stylus visibility and ample distance between the record surface and the cartridge’s bottom will make it easy to mount and align the cartridge and tonearm correctly. The Quintet Series gives excellent results with most common tonearms.
Included in the Package:
MC Quintet Bronze accessories Included
- 1 x Stylus brush
- 1 x Screwdriver
- 1 x Stylus Pressure Gauge / Scale
- 2 x Screw M2.5 x 5
Each of the five Quintet Series cartridges has its own individual sonic expression, and all five models together represent the ensemble of five classic variations:
- MC Quintet Mono is a true mono cartridge for playing mono microgroove vinyl records
- MC Quintet Red is an all-purpose cartridge that delivers open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth
- MC Quintet Blue adds more dynamics and resolution, sounds more open and reproduces more details
- MC Quintet Bronze adds even more details and resolution but in a very evenhanded way that pays respect to all elements
- MC Quintet Black S is the best of everything, true to the groove with resolution and accurate insight into each recording
- Output Voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec: 0.3 mV
- Channel Balance : < 1.2 dB
- Channel Separation at 1 kHz: > 23 dB
- Channel Separation at 15 kHz: > 15 dB
- Frequency Response: 20-20.000 +/- 1.5 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 80 µm
- Compliance, Dynamic, Lateral: 15 µm/mN
- Stylus Type: Nude Fine Line
- Stylus Tip Radius: r/R 8/40 µm
- Tracking Force Range: 2.1-2.5 g (21-25 mN)
- Tracking Force, Recommended: 2.3 g (23 mN)
- Tracking Angle: 20°
- Internal Impedance, DC Resistance: 5 Ohm
- Recommended Load Resistance: > 20 Ohm
- Cartridge Body Material: ABS/Aluminium
- Coil Wire Material: Pure 4-Nines Copper
- Cartridge Colour, Body/Stylus: Bronze
- Cartridge Weight: 9 g