The Ortofon Quintet Mono Moving Coil Turntable Cartridge is a True Mono from Ortofon.
It features Nude Elliptical r/R 8/18µm stylus that is a good solution for playing mono microgroove vinyl records. The Quintet Mono will track perfectly through even worn and damaged records and ensure the surface noise control.
Quintet Mono uses a strapped output to deliver the same output signal from both sets of pole pins. This effectively eliminates the need for mono-specific equipment, making it possible to enjoy true mono reproduction on any stereo playback system.
Ease of Use
Top-mounting of the Quintet cartridges is easy and secure using the screws supplied. The aluminuim frame has threaded mounting holes and is fitted easily with the 5mm or 7mm screws depending on the thickness of the headshell.
The Quintet series’ right angles, straight lines, stylus visibility and ample distance between the record surface and the cartridge’s bottom will make it easy to mount and align the cartridge and tonearm correctly. The Quintet Series gives excellent results with most common tonearms.
Included in the Package:
MC Quintet Mono accessories Included
- 1 x Stylus brush
- 1 x Screwdriver
- 2 x Screw M2.5 x 5
Each of the five Quintet Series cartridges has its own individual sonic expression, and all five models together represent the ensemble of five classic variations:
- MC Quintet Mono is a true mono cartridge for playing mono microgroove vinyl records
- MC Quintet Red is an all-purpose cartridge that delivers open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth
- MC Quintet Blue adds more dynamics and resolution, sounds more open and reproduces more details
- MC Quintet Bronze adds even more details and resolution but in a very evenhanded way that pays respect to all elements
- MC Quintet Black S is the best of everything, true to the groove with resolution and accurate insight into each recording
- Output Voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec: 0.3 mV
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz +/- 2.0 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 70 µm
- Compliance, Dynamic, Lateral: 15 µm/mN
- Stylus Type: Nude Elliptical
- Stylus Tip Radius: r/R 8/18 µm
- Tracking Force Range: 2.1-2.5 g (21-25 mN)
- Tracking Force, Recommended: 2.3 g (23 mN)
- Tracking Angle: 20°
- Internal Impedance, DC Resistance: 5 Ohm
- Recommended Load Resistance: > 20 Ohm
- Cartridge Body Material: ABS/Aluminium
- Coil Wire Material: Pure 4-Nines Silver / Ag
- Cartridge Colour, Body/Stylus: White
- Cartridge Weight: 9 g