The Ortofon Quintet Red is a perfect introduction to the world of Ortofon moving coils. It features an Elliptical diamond which is cut and polished to Ortofon’s standards.
This entry-level MC cartridge has very high price-to-performance ratio and is a perfect all-rounder for the newcomers to the world of Moving Coil cartridges.
The Ortofon MC Quintet Red is an all-purpose cartridge that delivers open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth.
Ease of Use
Top-mounting of the Quintet cartridges is easy and secure using the screws supplied. The aluminuim frame has threaded mounting holes and is fitted easily with the 5mm or 7mm screws depending on the thickness of the headshell.
The Quintet series’ right angles, straight lines, stylus visibility and ample distance between the record surface and the cartridge’s bottom will make it easy to mount and align the cartridge and tonearm correctly. The Quintet Series gives excellent results with most common tonearms.
Included in the Package:
MC Quintet Red accessories Included
- 1 x Stylus brush
- 1 x Screwdriver
- 2 x Screw M2,5 x 5
Each of the five Quintet Series cartridges has its own individual sonic expression, and all five models together represent the ensemble of five classic variations:
- MC Quintet Mono is a true mono cartridge for playing mono microgroove vinyl records
- MC Quintet Red is an all-purpose cartridge that delivers open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth
- MC Quintet Blue adds more dynamics and resolution, sounds more open and reproduces more details
- MC Quintet Bronze adds even more details and resolution but in a very evenhanded way that pays respect to all elements
- MC Quintet Black S is the best of everything, true to the groove with resolution and accurate insight into each recording
- Output Voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec: 0.5 mV
- Channel Balance : < 1.5 dB
- Channel Separation at 1 kHz: > 21 dB
- Channel Separation at 15 kHz: > 14 dB
- Frequency Response: 20-20.000 +/- 2.5 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 65 µm
- Compliance, Dynamic, Lateral: 15 µm/mN
- Stylus Type: Elliptical
- Stylus Tip Radius: r/R 8/18 µm
- Tracking Force Range: 2.1-2.5 g (21-25 mN)
- Tracking Force, Recommended: 2.3 g (23 mN)
- Tracking Angle: 20°
- Internal Impedance, DC Resistance: 7 Ohm
- Recommended Load Resistance: > 20 Ohm
- Coil Wire Material: Copper
- Cartridge Colour, Body/Stylus: Red
- Cartridge Weight: 9 g