The Peachtree GaN400 represents a next step in the evolution of power amplifier design and manufacturing. It has exceptionally accurate waveform reproduction, amazing power and control, low global negative feedback and extremely efficient use of AC power. It provides the highest level of musicality without sacrificing the remarkable efficiency of a class-D design, and is proudly assembled in the USA.
The GaN400 is simply the best sounding power amplifier that Peachtree have ever made and compares favorably to the world's best power amplifiers regardless of their topology.
Peachtree Audio GaN400 - Features
- State-of-the-art GaNFETs (Gallium Nitride Field-Effect Transistors)
- 400 watts per channel
- Musical. Powerful.
- Drive ANY speaker with ease and headroom to spare
- Compatible with speakers from 2.5Ω to 16Ω nominal impedance
- Balanced and unbalanced inputs with differential audio circuits
- Aluminum front panel and chassis wrapped in a real wood cabinet finished in stunning Gloss Ebony Mocha or beautiful Piano Black
- Limited Edition Ash finish available
The Peachtree GaN400 is a “class-D” stereo power amplifier that utilises GaNFETs (Gallium Nitride Field-Effect Transistors). Integrated with an 850-watt RMS regulated power supply, a fully balanced topology and a low global negative feedback design. This delivers an astounding 400 watts-per-channel while achieving sound quality that is remarkably faithful to the input signal.
The GaN400 has balanced and unbalanced audio inputs, a trigger input, and is compatible with speakers that have nominal impedances from 2.5Ω to 16Ω. It drives virtually any speakers, including low sensitivity (“less efficient”) speakers with the utmost ease and authority. All the while delivering a level of musicality and transparency that is extremely rare, especially in high output power amplifiers.
What is GaN?
MOSFETs (Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field-Effect Transistors) significance in the electronics industry and the other industries that rely on them can’t be understated. However, over the years, the rate of MOSFET improvements leveled off as the performance got closer and closer to the theoretical limits of the materials and processes. The need for something better grew. Enter GaN.
GaNFETs (Gallium Nitride Field-Effect Transistors) started to gain attention over the last decade as audio engineers and designers realised that they were suitable for high frequency, high voltage, high temperature and high efficiency applications. This was noticed especially when compared to their MOSFET counterparts.
GaNFETs turned-on x4 times faster and turned-off x2 times faster reducing switching distortion (ringing) by several orders of magnitude. This, in-turn, allowed designers to use much less global negative feedback to achieve excellent measured results. The result is an amplifier with exceptional musicality and excellent measured performance.
In other words, an amplifier that provides wonderfully natural sounding music reproduction like the best tube amplifiers. However, retains the tight bass, extended frequency response and sheer dynamics of the best solid- state amplifiers. It really is the best of both worlds and all of this is accomplished in an amplifier that is also one of the most efficient designs in the market today. The amplifier converts ~96% of the electricity from the wall into usable power.
The Importance of the Power Supply
Every power amplifier is dependent on its power supply to provide the power reserves necessary to drive the loudspeakers at any volume level. The GaN400 is no different and it utilises an impressive 850-watt RMS regulated power supply. This supplies the output modules with all the clean power they will ever need - even when things get really loud. The power supply uses the best parts available to ensure high performance, durability and long-term reliability.
Connectivity and Convenience
Balanced and unbalanced inputs assure you of maximum low-noise performance and compatibility with any preamp. The GaN400's 100K input impedance means you can use the preamplifier of your choice - regardless of its technology - with assurance that it will not be compromised. The GaN400's remote trigger lets you conveniently power the amplifier on and off with one command.
You'll never have to worry about the GaN400 matching up with your speakers. It has the power to recreate the dynamics of any recording with virtually any loudspeaker made. Nominal load impedances from 2.5-16 ohms are handled easily. Sit back, let the GaN400 power your speakers and ENJOY THE MUSIC!
- Compatible Speakers: 2.5 - 16 Ohm
- Output Power: 400w, into either 8 or 4 Ohms
- Dynamic Range (A-Weighted): >112dB
- Damping Factor (1kHz): >245 (8 Ohms)
- Frequency Response (20 - 20kHz): <+/- 0.4dB
- Inter-Modulation Distortion (SMPTE): >80dB below fundamental
- Total Harmonic Distortion (AES17, 1kHz, 8 Ohm): 0.004 %
- Channel Separation (1kHz, 8 Ohm): >90dB
- Balanced Input Impendance: 100K ohm (across pins 2-3)
- Unbalanced Input Impedance: 100K Ohm
- AC Power: 100 - 240v / 50/60 Hz
- Fuse Size for 230v: 5 amp 250v slow-blow
- Standby Power Consumption: <0.5 W
- Idle Power Consumption: 32W
- Max Power Consumption: 1000 W (Peak)
- Height (Including Feet): 111 mm | 4.37 Inches
- Width: 356 mm | 14.02 Inches
- Depth (including power button and binding post): 343 mm | 13.50 Inches
- Weight: Unit Only 6.917 kg