A Hegel H190 - Integrated Amplifier, running through a pair of Dynaudio Evoke 30 - Floorstanding Speakers.
Available with optional Chord RumourX Speaker Cables in 2 Meter and 4 Meter lengths. (These are bare wires, not terminated)
For full details and product specifications, please click on the following links:
- Amplifier - Hegel H190 - Integrated Amplifier - £3400
- Speakers - Dynaudio Evoke 30 - Floorstanding Speakers £3050
- Cables - Chord RumourX - Speaker Cables - £20 per metre (bare cable)
Amplifier - Hegel H190 - Integrated Amplifier
The Hegel H190 Integrated Stereo Amplifier has DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) streaming capabilities that can play music from any streaming platform including Apple AirPlay. With configurable inputs, a high-end DAC (Digital Analogue Converter), and a front-facing headphone output you can enjoy the ease of use with ultimate sound quality. Available in anodised Black aluminium or White with an OLED display, the H190 is beautiful enough to be the centerpiece in any system.
With a damping factor of over 4000, the Hegel H190 is powerful enough to drive almost any loudspeaker currently on the market. Plug in your loudspeakers and start streaming music over Apple AirPlay, or any other DLNA streamer, quickly and easily. The high-end DAC ensures precision decoding, providing the best foundation of sound for your entire set up. The 2x150 watt SoundEngine2 error canceling amplifier prevents distortion and preserves the details and dynamic range in the original music signal.
- Power Output: 2 x 150 W into 8 Ω
- Minimum Load: 2 Ω
- Analog Inputs: 1 x balanced (XLR), 2 x unbalanced (RCA)
- Digital Inputs: 1 x coaxial (BNC), 1 x coaxial (RCA), 3 x optical, 1 x USB, 1 x Network
- Line level Output: 1 x unbalanced fixed (RCA), 1 x unbalanced variable (RCA)
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz - 100 kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: More than 100 dB
- Crosstalk: Less than -100 dB
- Distortion: Less than 0.01% @ 25 W/8 Ω/1 kHz
- Intermodulation: Less than 0.01% (19 kHz + 20 kHz)
- Damping Factor: More than 4000 (main power output stage)
- Dimensions incl feet: 12 cm x 43 cm x 41 cm (HxWxD), 19 kg
Hegel H190 Integrated Amplifier - Colour Options
Speakers - Dynaudio Evoke 30 - Floorstanding Speakers
The Dynaudio Evoke 30’s twin 14cm Esotec+ mid/bass drivers are made from MSP (Magnesium Silicate Polymer), a material used for Dynaudio woofer diaphragms since they started back in 1977. It provides exactly the right combination of lightness, stiffness and damping to balance the needs of powerful yet precise bass performance with clear, detailed midrange.
Each speaker cone is made from a single piece of MSP. This makes them exactly the right amount of rigid – and means far less physical distortion when they’re playing. It also gives a super-solid physical connection to the glass-fibre voice-coil former on the back (it’s glued directly under the Balance Ribs you’ll see around the centre), which means more of the coil’s motion energy is transferred to the diaphragm.
Dynaudio Evoke 30 - Floorstanding Speakers - Colour Options
- Sensitivity: 88dB (2.83V/1m)
- IEC Power Handling: 200W
- Impedance: 4 Ω
- Frequency Response (±3dB): 40Hz–23kHz
- Box Principle: Bass reflex Rear Ported
- Crossover: 2.5-way
- Crossover Frequency: 1200/2300Hz
- Crossover Topology: 2nd order
- Woofer: 2x14cm MSP cone
- Tweeter: 28mm Cerotar with Hexis
- Weight: 15.5kg
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 180 x 900 x 267mm
- Dimensions with feet/grille (W x H x D): 268 x 920 x 342mm
Cables - Chord Company RumourX Speaker Cables
Chord Rumour was the second attempt at producing a speaker cable. The first being a copper and polyethylene flat design in single and bi-wire configuration called Myth/Legend. Chord were also investigating speaker cables that used silver-plated conductors in combination with PTFE insulation and had been experimenting with twisted pair conductor configurations, as at the time, heavy gauge parallel conductors were the standard for speaker cables.
By twisting the conductors together, the noise floor of the system could be improved. An ideal twist ratio could be achieved and the cable designed around this.
- Conductor: Silver-plated OFC
- Insulation: XLPE
- Configuration: Twisted pair
- Shielding: None. PVC outer jacket
- AWG: 16
- mm2: 1.31
- Diameter: 6mm