A Hegel H590 Integrated Amplifier and Hegel V10 Phono stage partnered to a Pro-Ject X2 turntable with an upgraded Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge. Running through a pair of Dynaudio Contour 60i - Floorstanding Speakers.
The H590 and V10 Phono Stage will be connected with a supplied Chord Epic XLR cable.
Available with optional Chord EpicX Speaker Cables in 2 Meter and 4 Meter lengths. (Banana Plug Terminations)
For full details and product specifications, please click on the following links:
- Source - Pro-Ject X2 - Turntable - £1199
- Cartridge - Ortofon Cadenza Black - £2099
- Phono Stage - Hegel V10 - £1350
- Amplifier - Hegel H590 - Integrated Amplifier - £9300
- Speakers - Dynaudio Contour 60i - Floorstanding Speakers - £8700
- Cables - Chord EpicX - Speaker Cables - £80 per metre (bare cable)
- Phono to Amp Cable - Chord Epic XLR - £450 (1 Metre)
Source - Pro-Ject X2 - Turntable
The Pro-Ject X2 Turntable is made for those who take great joy in the fine details, the build-quality, the high-grade materials and even more audio performance. Structurally, the X2 is supported by its large, heavy, dense and stiff MDF structure, reducing unwanted resonances to almost imperceptible levels. By adding this extra mass, the X2 is even quieter, allowing the vinyl reproduction to become more detailed and precise.
The increased mass makes the tonearm an excellent fit for low compliance MC cartridges. Finished as a one-piece, with no resonance-inducing headshell, the X2 can also be set for azimuth and VTA adjustment. The TPE damped counterweight reduces arm-cartridge resonances by as much as 50%.
- Speed: 33, 45, 78 (electronic speed change)
- Principle: belt drive
- Platter: 30mm thick acryl, 2 kg heavy acryl
- Main bearing: Stainless steel
- Speed variance: 33: +/-0,25%; 45: +/-0,20%
- Wow & flutter: 33: +/-0,12%; 45: +/-0,10%
- Signal to Noise: 70 dB
- Tonearm: 9” carbon/aluminium sandwich tonearm
- Effective arm length: 9“/230 mm
- Effective tonearm mass: 13.5 g
- Overhang: 18.0 mm
- Tracking force range: 0 - 30mN (18mN recommended for Pick it 2M Silver)
- Included accessory: 15V DC / 800 mA power supply, dust cover, Connect it E Phono RCA cable, felt mat
- Power consumption: 4.5 W max / 0.3 W standby
- Dimensions: 460 x 150 x 340 mm (WxHxD) lid closed
- Weight: 10 kg net
Pro-Ject X2 Turntable - Colour Options
Amplifier - Hegel H590 - Integrated Amplifier
The Hegel H590 - Integrated Dual Mono Amplifier is an incredibly capable amplifier that pushes your equipment to their limits. The H590 competes with the big-boys in terms of its reference amplifier attributes. It manages to get up to the clinical and analytical level of ampification.
However, it winds itself back just enough to what our owner Carl describes as its "fun band." It brings out the excitement and emotion from your music and absolutely demands performance from the other equipment in your set-up.
- Power Output: 2 x 301 W into 8 Ω, Dual Mono
- Minimum Load: 2 Ω
- Analog Inputs: 2 x balanced (XLR), 3 x unbalanced (RCA)
- Digital Outputs: 1 x coaxial (BNC)
- Digital Inputs: 1 x coaxial (BNC), 1 x coaxial (RCA), 3 x optical, 1 x USB, 1 x Network
- Line level Output: 1 x unbalanced fixed (RCA), 1 x unbalanced variable (RCA)
- MQA supported Inputs: USB
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz - 180 kHz
- Signal-to-noise Ratio: More than 100 dB
- Crosstalk: Less than -100 dB
- Distortion: Less than 0.005% @ 50 W/8 Ω/1 kHz
- Intermodulation: Less than 0.01% (19 kHz + 20 kHz)
- Damping Factor: More than 4000 (main power output stage)
- Dimensions incl feet: 17.1 cm x 43 cm x 44.5 cm (HxWxD), 22 kg unit weight
Phono Stage - Hegel V10 Phono Stage
The Hegel V10 Phono Stage is the culmination of 30 years experience in designing discrete transistor circuits. Hegel claim to have built a phono preamplifier like no other. It is neutral, dynamic, and exceptionally transparent. Hegel engineers have used all their cumulative knowledge in amplification and applied it to one goal - To reveal as much information that is possible on the Vinyl format.
- Amplifier Typology: Ultra low noise discrete JFET transistor input stage for both MC and MM
- Gain XLR Out MM: 40dB / 45dB / 50dB / 52dB
- Gain XLR Out MC: 60dB / 65dB / 70dB / 72dB
- MC Load Impedance: Freely adjustable between 33 and 550 ohm / 47 kohm
- MM Load Capacitance: 100pF / 147pF / 220pF / 247pF / 320pF / 420pF / 467pF @ 47 kohm
- Subsonic Filter: Switchable on / off, -3dB at 20Hz, -18dB octave
- Inputs: 1 x unbalanced (RCA) MM, 1 x unbalanced (RCA) MC
- Outputs: 1 x unbalanced fixed (RCA), 1 x balanced fixed (XLR)
- Dimensions with Feet: 6cm x 21cm x 28cm, 2.4" x 8,3" x 11" (H x W x D)
- Weight: 2.2kg / 4.9lbs unit weight
Speakers - Dynaudio Contour 60i - Floorstanding Speakers
The Dynaudio Contour 60i sounds bigger than you’d think.
And it isn’t just because it’s a grown-up, full-size, three-way floorstander. Of course it’s capable of outright, neighbour-infuriating volume. It sounds big in other ways too – from the soaring soundstage of a top orchestral recording to the caffeinated surround-sound effects in a movie, Contour 60i simply fills the room – without resorting to bass-heavy bombast along the way.
Dynaudio is excited to take the wraps off its new Contour i series – an extensive update to the multi-award-winning 2016 Contour range.
Dynaudio Contour 60i - Floorstanding Speakers - Colour Options
- Sensitivity: 88dB (2.83V / 1m)
- IEC power handling: 390W
- Impedance: 4 Ω
- Frequency response (± 3 dB): 28Hz – 23kHz
- Box Principle: Bass reflex rear ported
- Crossover: 3-way
- Crossover frequency: 300 / 4500Hz
- Crossover topology: 2nd Order
- Woofer: 2x 23cm MSP
- Midrange: 15cm MSP
- Tweeter: 28mm Esotar2i
- Weight: 54.3kg/119.7lb
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 255 x 1330 x 420mm
- Dimensions with feet/grille (W x H x D): 343 x 1359 x 454mm
Cables - Chord Company EpicX Speaker Cables
EpicX (prev Epic/Epic Twin) has been part of the Chord speaker cable range for many years – it’s a shielded cable that works with pretty much every style of speaker. From mid-price to high end, EpicX brings detail, dynamics, resolution and coherence to every speaker it’s used with. It’s particularly good at bringing control and definition across the bass frequencies and is the ideal cable solution for floor-standing speakers.
- Conductor: Silver-plated OFC
- Insulation: XLPE
- Configuration: Twisted pair
- Shielding: High density foil and 93% coverage metal braid. Translucent PVC outer jacket
- AWG: 12
- mm2: 3.31
- Diameter: 11mm