The Hegel HD30 Digital Analogue Converter is the ultimate digital control center. It does everything you could possibly want and does so with world-class quality. There is a plethora of inputs, ranging from balanced AES/EBU and BNC connectors, to Network and USB connections - with the latter also accepting DSD signals. The built-in volume attenuator allows you to connect directly to a power amplifier or a pair of active loudspeakers. Highly advanced power supplies and a careful layout brings the noise floor down towards a mindblowing -150 dB.
The Hegel HD30 was just such a masterpiece project. To reach goals that, up until now, was seen as unobtainable, Hegel needed to tweak the world’s best-measuring equipment available. Just to be able to fine-tune their clock crystals and power supplies. Hegel designed master clocks from the ground up and went to great lengths to design ultra-low noise power supplies and shielding from outside interference.
The results are stunning. The musicality of the Hegel HD30 is at a level never before heard. You can experience instruments and virtually feel the room they play in. You feel the smile widening in your face and the hair rising on your arms when the HD30 begins to play. The finger touching the string, a millisecond before the guitar starts to sound. The singer drawing that breath of anticipation right before he starts playing in front of a live crowd. Whether you choose to use Apple AirPlay, a CD-player, a computer or any other device. The Hegel HD30 will bring all the music and enthusiasm that exists in the recording.
What's in the Box?
- Hegel HD30 - DAC
- User Manual
- Power Cable
- Hegel RC8 - Remote Control
- Accessory Box
- DAC Resolution: Dual mono 32 bit/192 kHz multilevel sigma-delta DAC
- Line Output: 2.6 V RMS
- Digital Inputs: 1 x coaxial, 3 x optical, 1 x USB, 1 x Ethernet, 1 x BNC, 1 x AES/EBU
- Analog Outputs: 1 x fixed line level (RCA), 1 x fixed line level (Balanced XLR)
- Distortion: Typical 0.0005%
- Frequency Response: 0 Hz - 50 kHz
- Noise Floor: Typically -150 dB
- Power Supply: Separate torodial transformers for analog/digital 54,000 μF capacitors
- Output Impedance: 22 ohms unbalanced and 44 ohms balanced
- Control Input: 1 x IR-direct mini-jack
- Finish: Black and Silver
- Dimensions/weight: 8 cm (10 cm w/feet) x 43 cm x 31 cm (HxWxD), 6.5 kg